Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Blame the media

So much outrage over the Casey Anthony verdict, and I would like to think it's because a young child is still dead and we have no one to blame.  But I would like to take a different point of view.  I blame the media, all of them, every channel.  Because for 2 months that's all we have heard, is she is guilty, she has to be guilty.  No one has ever given us the other side of the story, well except Geraldo Rivera, but who actually watches him(ok I did).  Seriously though, the media never let us think anything other than she has to be guilty.  Maybe she is, but just maybe it was an accident.  Am I condoning her for lying and taking a month to tell anyone that her baby died, no of course not.  But for one second put yourself in her shoes, your young, and your baby dies because of an accident, and more than likely your own neglect.  Are you really 100% sure you would report it as soon as it happened? What if you found her an hour after it happened, and there was no way she could be revived.  Am I really to believe that everyone that is outraged would turn themselves in and let the "judicial process" take place? 

So I blame the media, because in the court of public opinion Casey was found guilty 3 years ago.  But in America public opinion and jury opinion are not the same.  If the jury says she isn't guilty, then I will listen to the jury.  Because as 2Pac would say, only God can judge her.  If she did it, she has to live with it, and if she didn't she still has to live with that, either way she will live with guilt for the rest of her life.

4 comments:

Todd Abell said...

I personally do not believe that Casey Anthony intentionally murdered Caylee. I believe that it was an accident. I believe that Casey had been using chloroform as a means as a "baby sitter". I think that whenever Casey needed a babysitter, she was simply "chloroforming" Caylee, putting duct tape over he mouth (in case she woke up), and then put her in the trunk of the Sunfire, allowing Casey to temporarily suspend her responsibilities as a parent, and could go hang out with her friends, go out clubbing, etc. It is my belief that one day when getting Caylee out of the trunk, she didn't wake up because she had either been given a fatal dose of chloroform or her nose and mouth had been covered on accident. Once Casey realized that Caylee was dead, rather than accept the responsibility and face the consequences of her actions, she panicked and concocted a web of lies, mystery and deceit. I believe that at MINIMUM, the state proved that Casey WAS the primary caregiver to Caylee Anthony, and she should have at least been found guilty of child abuse and manslaughter.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you watched more of the trial than I did... I saw you said you lived 10 miles from her... did you know her?? Or are you just speculating?? I agree should have been charged with child abuse... but if that wasn't one of the charges can she be found guilty of that?? And there is a possibilty she could serve 4 years for each charge of lying to the police if they run them consecutively... I just find the outrage to be a little over done... Because most people don't have the information the jury does... They just listened to the media and assumed they knew what happened...

TA said...

I watched the trial from day 1 and I do live in Orlando but I never got too meet Casey, thank god cause I would of had to be on that stand:)lol....but us outsiders don't get to see and hear EXACTLY what the jury hears so....again not completely innocent but not guilty of murder and I forgot to add that I think George knew about it but told her how to cover it up cause he said she would be prosecuted for murder if she told anyone of how caylee died so decompose the body and there is NO evidence. What turned my decision and made me have doubts is when George went to pick the car up after it was towed and he took the gas cans....who does that? If my car got towed, I wouldn't take gas! He was probably involved from the start and was covering for his daughter as Cindy did! He tried to committ suicide with Blood pressure meds and a six pack?? Really? That was his way to take ANY blame off of him!! Just a thought but its over now and we will live hopefully a beautiful life but Casey will suffer the rest of her life!! Cause GOD knows the truth and she does to!

RS said...

I tried to fast foward any and all coverage... So I know very little about the case details... My issues begin and end with media and the court of public opinion... The duke lacrosse players are great examples how the media can sell a story right or wrong and it damages you forever... The media sold us one story for 3 years... When the verdict came out today... I'm sure you show plenty of people outraged on facebook... and for that I blame the media... in the end your last statement is what matters.. God knows what happened... and now its up to him to judge her... I just hope some whacko doesn't do something stupid and knock her off just because they "think" she's guilty...