Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A lot of finger pointing

It seems so easy to just blame the other side in the debt negotiations, the republicans want to blame the President, the democrats want to blame President Bush, but isn't it everyone's fault?  When the country has a $14 trillion dollar deficit, isn't it everyone's fault?  I could start by blaming myself, for blindly voting without really knowing who I was voting for.  I've been legally able to vote for 12 years now, and only until the online poker shutdown, did I actually start paying attention.  So with my one vote, and lack of paying attention, I can blame myself. 

Now that I have taken some blame for my own lack of attentiveness, let me direct some more blame.  I would also blame everyone who has ever held public office in DC.  You don't rack up a $14 trillion dollar deficit without both sides being at fault, it's just not possible.  So as this debate continues, I would really love to hear someone from DC actually take the blame themselves for being part of the problem and not the solution.  Because with this new debt "deal"(if you want to call it that), it is not a solution, but instead kicking the can down the road again.  So $17 trillion and counting DC, when is someone actually going to step and SOLVE the problem.  If not, when can I get my credit card with no limit, that would solve plenty of my own problems.

No comments: