Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thank you Bruce Allen




Well I have read most of the Redskin articles agreeing with our recent moves,but I have yet to see someone truly give Bruce Allen the credit he deserves.  Starting with trading the Redskins two biggest headaches, that were rumored to be gone all offseason, I find it truly amazing he was able to get 3 potential draft picks for McNabb and Haynesworth.  After watching the Vinny debacle for the last 6+ years, where time after time the Redskins got fleeced in trades, this is a welcome change. 

Honestly I would have been happy with that, considering we had 12 draft picks, and by all accounts graded out pretty well.  But not Bruce Allen, no sir, instead we re-signed Santana on the first day possible, and upgraded the DL at a reasonable price.  Did he stop there?  Of course not.  Somehow, in the midst of signing those players and the trades, he managed to get ALL 12 draft picks signed before the week was even over. 

So as he keeps wheeling and dealing, and before we actually know what is going to happen with these moves, let me just say Thank you Bruce Allen for finally bringing some common sense to the Redskins front office.  For too long most of us fans weren't even sure what that meant anymore, but now that I can see it, I remember what it looks like.  I just hope it translates into wins, and our fans will be willing to be patient enough for it to play out.

No comments: